About The Area
New Hall Farm is an ideal central location to stay and there are several local attractions to visit.
The park is just 3 miles from the historic Minster town of Southwell - click here to visit their website. This attractive town has an extensive range of restaurants and shops. The market town of Newark is just 10 miles away and Nottingham 15 miles.
Places to Visit
Visit the quintessential English market town of Southwell and explore a tempting array of antique shops, cafés, boutiques, eateries and historic pubs.
- Norwood Park 18 hole Golf Course (2 miles)
- Magnificent Southwell Minster (3 miles)
- Southwell Racecourse with 18 hole Golf Course (3 miles) Click here to see the latest race card.
- Southwell Workhouse - The best preserved Victorian Workhouse in the Country (3 miles)
- Local leisure centres and sports facilities
Places to Visit
- Newark-on-Trent - home to the National Civil War Centre, a stunning riverside Castle Air Museum and a thriving, cobbled Market Place overlooked by its Georgian Town Hall (10 miles)
- Robin Hood Country - Sherwood Forest Country Park (12 miles)
- Rufford Abbey & Country Park (12 miles)
- Newstead Abbey - Home of Lord Byron (12 miles)
- Clumber Park (15 miles)
- Nottingham - vibrant city with a rich history (15 miles)
- Lincoln - Cathedral and Shops (23 miles)
Eat & Drink
There are many local country pubs, which serve good food and beer. The Old Reindeer in Edingley is a 20 minute walk from the site and serves good, quality food with a wide range of beers and lagers. Also recommended within walking distance are The Waggon at Halam, The Plough and The Lion in Farnsfield. There are several cafes, restaurants and pubs in Southwell.
Great Walks Nearby
New Hall Farm is located near the Robin Hood Way and is ideal for walking or cycling. There are several peaceful walks around the park.
We have selected four walks near the park, which are popular amongst our visitors, click on each walk to view before your visit.
Please ask us for more information about local walks